Who Is The Oxymoron?
The Oxymoron is the villain of the title The Red Ten. He's like that title's version of the Joker. His schtick is he uses oxymorons. This character is intensely devious and insanely hilarious. To channel such a character, the creative teams have dredged up some of the nastiest things they could muster.
As an anthology, this book works because the stories are still varied in tone but you know you are getting clever writing mixed with terrible thoughts. Because the focus is one character you have a better chance of all the stories working for you, rather than a smattering of genres and styles that might not always grab you. If this book is up your alley then it will be for its entirety.
- "Passive Aggressive" written by Jason Ciaramella (The Cape, Godzilla), Art by Joe Mulvey (SCAM )
- "Selfless Man" written by John Lees (The Standard), Art by Tyler James (The Red Ten, Tears of the Dragon, Over)
- "Double Standard written by Steven Forbes (Runners, Bullet Time), Art by Dave Myers (Warriors of Dharuk)
- "Alone in a Crowd" written by Ryan K Lindsay (Ghost Town, Heist), and Daniel J Logan (Back in the Day, Exo-1)
- "Nearly Perfect" written by Yannick Morin (Points of Impact), Art by Alex Cormack (Chikara)
- "Working Holiday" written by Mark Poulton (Savage Hawkman, Avengelyne), Art by Jules Rivera (Valkyrie Squadron, Marsh Rocket)
- "Act Naturally" written by Rich Douek (Gutter Magic), Art by Rafer Roberts (Plastic Farm)
- "Living Dead" written by Mark Bertolini (Fubar II, Breakneck, Ghostlines), Art by Carl Yonder (Fubar II, Ghostlines)
- "Quiet Riot" written by Paul Allor (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Clockwork), Art by Aaron Houston (Clockwork)
|Click image to download PDF of Living Dead|